Experience the ultimate tropical getaway with our curated island hopping Virgin Islands itineraries, designed to show you the best of the US Virgin Islands (USVI) and British Virgin Islands (BVI) from the deck of your luxurious boat charter.
Immerse yourself in the pristine beauty of the Caribbean Sea, explore vibrant coral reefs, and relax on white sand beaches—all while enjoying the convenience and luxury of an all-inclusive yacht charter.
Itinerary 1: Jost Van Dyke and Sandy Cay Escape
- Start your day at the iconic Hawksnest Bay, St. John, where you can swim and relax on the pristine beach. Take a short cruise to the tiniest beach for a more secluded experience and some great snorkeling.
- Head to Jost Van Dyke to check in with Customs and explore the Soggy Dollar Bar and Sandy Cay. Sandy Cay is a completely uninhabited island where you can enjoy the quintessential Caribbean experience away from the crowd. Powder white sand beaches, palm trees, crystal clear waters, and Elkhorn Corals await you.
- Finish the day with a cruise along the amazing St. John North Shore. Lawrence Rockefeller purchased 5,000 acres in the area around 1950 and donated most of the land back to the US for use as a National Park.
Itinerary 2: Snorkeling Adventure
- Start your day by cruising to Trunk Bay in St. John, known for its underwater snorkeling trail and stunning beach. Explore the trails or relax on the sand.
- After clearing Customs at Tortola and exploring quaint Sopers Hole, snorkel the world famous Indians and the Caves on Norman Island.
- Anchor at Cruz Bay, the lively heart of St. John, for dinner and shopping.
Itinerary 3: Natural Wonders and BVI
- Depart to Virgin Gorda. Explore the world famous Baths where giant granite boulders lean against each other and form a labryinth, creating one of the Caribbean’s most stunning spectacles of turquoise pools and natural beauty.
- Upon your return, enjoy an exquisite lunch in the shaded cockpit of your yacht.
- Relax as you sail back to St. Thomas or St John, taking in the sunset and maybe even spotting some dolphins along the way.
Itinerary 4: BVI Highlights (Note: Passport Required)
- Clear Customs on Tortola before heading to Norman Isalnd and the Willy T, a floating bar set up like a pirate ship.
- Visit the nearby Cooper Island for lunch in the shaded cockpit of your yacht and a swim.
- End your day at Jost Van Dyke, enjoying the famous Painkiller cocktail at the Soggy Dollar Bar.
Itinerary 5: Off-the-Beaten-Path
- Cruise to Guana Island. Guana is one of the most unspoiled jewels of the British Virgin Islands. The island boasts over 850 acres, 7 beaches, mountains, gardens, organic orchards, hiking trails, and flamingos. It is mostly natural preserve and has a small resort hotel. Three reef areas are home to about 100 species of tropical fish, fan corals, and hard corals.
- After a day of adventures, cruise back to St. Thomas or St. John, enjoying the serenity of the sea as the day comes to an end.
Each of these itineraries offers a unique way to experience the beauty and allure of the Virgin Islands, providing memories that will last a lifetime. Remember to check boating conditions and local regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.
Tips for Your Boat Charter Adventure
- Choosing the Right Charter: Opt for all-inclusive yacht charters to ensure a hassle-free experience. This is where Yacht Magic Moments comes in.
- Packing Essentials: Bring along sunscreen, swimwear, and a camera to capture the breathtaking scenery.
- Respect the Environment: As you explore the Virgin Islands, remember to respect the local environment. Avoid touching the coral reefs and ensure not to leave any trash behind.
Island hopping in the US or British Virgin Islands offers a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the Caribbean at your own pace. Whether you choose a short getaway or an extended adventure, a boat charter in the Virgin Islands promises a journey filled with turquoise waters, vibrant marine life, and unforgettable memories. So pack your bags, set sail, and discover the paradise that awaits in the Virgin Islands!